Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New home

I came back from England, trying to motivate myself to blog and read again because I have been a bad blogger of late. I decided I needed something new, something that might inspire me to write more, hence the move.

Anyway, we had a lovely time in England, my sister's house was definitely the best option to stay at and there was only one major argument with my mom which my sister actually started but of course, I got dragged into! We visited a castle, had a private showing at a zoo because we have a friend there and got to feed the giraffes and elephants which is slightly scary as who knew how big a giraffes head was when it was way up there in the clouds? Not me, that's for sure, and they are pretty big once they lower their heads and try and get the food out of your hand that you are gingerly holding up, hoping that they don't lick you to death with their enormous tongues!

Ned was christened on Christmas Day, at the church where I was christened when I was 6, so it was pretty special. He seemed to know that he was there for some sort of ceremony and complied very nicely, although when the vicar said "we will now announce your new name in Christ" he turned around and said loudly for all to hear "I don't want a new name, my name is Ned!" Good old Ned!

Another highlight, and I must mention this, is that I got to meet Welshy, Chris and Juliet (can you hurry up and give me your blog so I can link you?!). It was slightly surreal but lovely to meet them, and of course it was made even better by the lovely Thorntons chocolates that Chris and Juliet gave us. I think I may have scared Welshy though as I ate her least favorite food - mushrooms ("you can't trust a mushroom"). All it all, it was brilliant to be in an English pub having a drink with people I have talked to online for such a long time.

Hopefully you will all decide to come on over to the new site, and as and when you do, I will add your links. In the meantime, Happy New Year to you all and I must say, it is so nice to be back home - in America!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, now it is working!

I'm liking the new vibe over here. Happy to have you back in the land of blog.

:)
Bitsy

Anonymous said...

I'm here!!!!

Glad you had a great time in jolly ol England...its nice to have you back home too!

Gucci Mama said...

Glad you're back!

Ruby said...

I'm here, my dear! It's good to make a change once in a while, isn't it?!

Oooh, I'm so jealous about feeding the giraffes!

wendy said...

Welcome home, Molly! I've missed you. You sound wonderful and how cute is Mr. Ned?!

Chris said...

That's a bit confusing, because his name isn't Ned!

It was lovely meeting you!

I was quite impressed you managed to put away 6 glasses of wine in the hour and a half we were there by the way! Well done!

kbd224 said...

Good to see you back in blog land! Love the new look!

Sounds like you had a good time while you were in England. Ned's comment at his Christening had me cracking up!

The Avid Reader said...

So glad you're back! I'm glad you had a great trip and I am SO jealous of the private tour and feeding at the zoo.

Crazy Momma said...

I am so glad you are back in America too!!

Niki said...

So great to have you back! Love the new look!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great time back in Blighty, great to have you back here though. So what 'essentials' did you smuggle back in then??

M said...

Chris, you know us English girls can drink, I couldn't disappoint you all now could I?!

Sarah, I came back with malt loaf (mmmm), marmite, Galaxy chocolate and several Fingers of Fudge! Everything else I wanted I consumed in great quantities while I was there!

It's lovely to be back and thank you everyone for coming over to my new home.

penelope said...

Lookin' good over here! ;) Nice to have you back.

FunnyGal KAT said...

Welcome home! I'm glad to hear the trip went well. And, it's funny that you said you met Welshy, Chris and Juliet for the first time... I was under the impression you all went way back. (And why am I not surprised about Chris' comment about how much wine you put away while you were with him?!?)

Chris said...

All together:

"A finger of fudge is just enough!"

As is 7 glasses of wine, of course.

Live.Love.Eat said...

It's so good to be reading you again. I am glad you had a wonderful time back home. What a special day indeed with Ned getting christened on Xmas. Add me!

 
design by suckmylolly.com